What is a good domain authority score?
The Moz domain authority score ranges from 1 to 100 with higher numbers indicating a greater chance of excellent SERP outcomes.
- – Scores around 40 to 50 are regarded as average.
- – Domain authority of 50 to 60 is considered good.
- – A site’s domain authority is considered excellent if it scores above 60.
The SEO tool considers both the volume and quality of links that a webpage obtains while calculating this score. Pages that themselves have high authority, such as Facebook, Google, official pages, well-known online journals, etc., are more likely to generate higher scores.
However, the list of reliable sites varies by industry. A technology firm, for example, might look for links in engineering publications, companies, technical articles, or industrial websites. This is because those backlinks are much more important to the firms’ prospective customers, even though they may not have the greatest domain authority overall. As a result, the appropriate domain authority is unique to every organization. Finally, it’s critical that you study your major competitors and make recommendations specific to your own website.
Tips on how to increase domain authority
Here are some tips to consider while you work on your domain authority:
- – Prioritize quality over quantity. A handful of useful backlinks are better than thousands of unimportant ones.
- – Examine your backlinks and ensure that all of the engineering websites with backlinks possess a do-follow attribute.
- – Produce high-quality content to increase your chances of receiving natural backlinks.
- – Create content that is targeted to your core demographicand has the potential to become viral.
- – Your previous content should get updated as necessary. Add relevant information to any pages that have unindexed content or weak page authority scores.
- – Determine who your competitors are and how you measure up against them.
- – Examine what you do to improve the visibility of your engineering website. Then evaluate what more you could do or what changes you could make to improve it.
- – Examine the sources of your top competitors’ backlinks. Is it possible for you to gain similar sources?
- – Distribute your web content across different channels (including social media) in a creative and unique way.
It takes time and patience to increase your domain authority. You won’t see benefits right away. Implementing these guidelines, however, can improve your engineering website’s visibility on search engine results pages (SERPs) with the goal of generating traffic to your engineering website. Instead of focusing purely on the domain authority score, concentrate on these activities to improve the quality and number of leads.