2. Help convert traffic into leads.
Once the website traffic starts coming in, you have the opportunity to create a more personal communication channel to your readers and to convert those visitors into customers. The actionable steps to do so come in many forms and can be added to every post published on your technical blog.
Below are some ways to capture leads using a technical blog:
- – Newsletter signups. Once you have planned out your content and begun to post regularly, you can put the call out to sign up for your technical blog’s newsletter. This will keep your readers updated whenever you publish a new post, so it helps keep them engaged. Newsletter signups often show up on the navigation bar, static ads, pop-ups, and sliders.
- – Calls-To-Action. Calls-To-Action (CTAs) are statements designed to get quick responses from the people reading them. They are usually used to direct prospects to the next step in the sales funnel. Most CTA phrases use verbs like register, call, subscribe, donate, buy, or download.
- – Lead magnets. A lead magnet is something valuable that you can offer prospects in exchange for their contact details. They often come in the form of ebooks, white papers, case studies, market reports, or useful templates.
- – Special promotions. While they may seem as though they’re only applicable to eCommerce, special promotions in the form of product bundles and samples can be great add-ons to your technical blog. They allow interested readers a chance to test out your products either with special discounts or as free trials.
- – Email drip courses. Email courses consist of a series of emails sent out over time that aim to educate readers. All the emails for one specific “course” should relate to the same topic. Engineering firms and industrial companies can send out one lesson after another to create a course that will interest your target readers, specifically engineers.
3. Allow your company to share its expertise.
A technical blog is a great platform from which to demonstrate your expertise to readers and potential customers. You have the opportunity to provide evidence that you, as a company, are valuable. Your content should clearly illustrate your organization’s capabilities.
Try to write articles about the latest developments and projects your engineering team is working on. Share your company’s successes and breakthroughs. As industrial marketing content creators and managers, you can take advantage of your online platform to showcase what your company is capable of and what it is gearing towards.